You're not supposed to leave without a proper good bye

January 29, 2014

I was thinking today how your first impressions mold the way people think about you.  First impressions are pretty important- most people will judge you by the way you come in.  Then when you leave they have a way of thinking about you going.  You're just not supposed to leave without the proper good bye.

I guess I'm a goner.  But it's funny, there are no fireworks, no cutting lines to tell you where you are and where you aren't, and what's more life goes on.  Who knew?  Actually, I miss it a lot.  But I can't come back and I suppose all this happened at the right time- you just get busier and busier as you age.

The other day I watched the sky.  Why is it so moody in the winter?  The clouds were the sky and they shifted to the left- slowly- showing in patches the bare blue underneath (or I guess on top).

I love photography.  I'm learning to do it for me and my satisfaction.  It's fun and boring and wholesome.  My pictures, honestly, have gotten much better- in my eyes.  I want to enter a few real live contests and maybe send my pictures of the Delta to the newspaper and maybe the country magazine- just so I can say I did it.  But I don't think photography will ever be more than a secondary job- at best.  I'm thinking about going into nursing... so photography may not even come out of the hobby stage.

So this is the good bye I should have written a long time ago.  Except none of it is really a good bye.  Because my life does not belong online anymore.  It can't.  You really can't reach me online anymore- if you ever wanted to.  I'm unplugged indefinitely.  So... good bye to this little space.  I still love y'alls blogs when I can catch a glimpse.

"I too am not a bit untamed, I too am untranslatable, I sound my barbaric yawp over the roofs of the world." -Walt Whitman
 

5 comments:

  1. *wails* Nooooooooooo. I've missed your posts so much over the last few months, but I understand. Life is much more important.
    Just know, the blogging world won't be the same and your posts and photographs will be sorely missed.
    <3 xx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Gabby I'm almost crying because I was seriously (yes really) just thinking about you this afternoon… I was flicking through my 'favourite quotes and sentences and phrases and descriptions' notebook and came across a description that you had wrote -- one that I had copied down from a post of yours (the description described what the rain felt and sounded like - mostly, it was a beautiful beautiful description). Anyway. I miss you, and I hope you'll be able to at least jot down a few thoughts or a description. Or post a single photo. Or just post something with a title that says 'hello'. Just because, m'dear we love you that much. But obviously, as Marcia said, life is more important. Totally understandable. But maintaining a balance in life (work and play, so they say) is crucial. Art is really important, too - it's part of the balance process involved in life. Photography is an art, like writing is, so keep it up dear, and you'll go far. :) Just saying. :)

    xxx A

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear one, I will miss your presence so much! I have always loved your posts and photos, but I am so glad that you have been able to take photos for yourself, not just to share online.

    Hugs,
    Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm...I'm sad; but also glad, because your heart is in the right place. <3
    Your blog has always been a Breath of Fresh Air in the midst of countless other photo-blogs, and I'll miss that, but I've also come to the conclusion that one of the reasons yours has been so different, is because you really lived your life, aaand occasionally shared it. Rather than living, so as to blog; as it seems sooo many bloggers do.
    I'm really quite glad for you though. =) I really am.

    God bless! <3

    xxx ~Jenny

    P.s. Are you going to delete this blog? or leave it up?

    ReplyDelete
  5. you will be greatly missed but i totally understand how caught up one can get with online things and breaks are definitely needed, not only to rest, but to really find yourself again not just what is trendy right now or what that other blogger likes or dislikes. :) blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete