eight'o clock

August 25, 2013




On a sudden impulse, Morgan and I took apart our two beds and put the two mattresses together on the floor.  I've never slept with any of my siblings on a regular basis.  And now we sleep close.  She's all tan from swimming under a hot sun, freckles in little splatters across her nose, and her hair is a train of a million highlights. I remember being nine (almost ten).  All those funny little problems that, now from all appearance seem silly, were so life-threatening then.  I try to listen respectfully to her problems- and it feels so weird to be asked for advice.  Being a sister is really great all around... but being a sister to a sister is something else.

This week was something else.  School started (sorry, but how did that happen again?), and I've started my first job- (housecleaning)- so now I'm sort of an official working woman.  Maybe?  Maybe not.  But it's all good and it's all fun.

It is eight something on a Sunday evening.  And it is still summer. And tomorrow is school.  And fall is around the corner.  Isn't it amazing?
-gabby

3 comments:

  1. It IS amazing.

    (After reading this post you left me basically speechless so I really don't have much to say.)

    Love you,

    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. "freckles in little splatters across her nose" awww, I love that phrase. <3
    And this.
    =)

    xx ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. awh, i loved this post. my best friend and i will still sometimes have sleepovers and it makes me so happy when we sleep in blankets on my living room floor. i love your photographs here as well!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete