The cake & sauce that mom ate

July 20, 2013

My mother sweetly requested me to make a cheesecake for her birthday.  I've got this really good recipe that edges on heavenly, and that settled it.  The crust is a graham cracker crust and is made of butter, sugar, and graham crackers-I know, who would have thought?  We apparently own a leaky spring-form pan and I found this out when the oven started pouring out smoke.  I was afraid that the cheesecake would smell burnt so I took the wobbly, half done cheesecake out of the oven, threw it into the toaster oven, and cleaned like crazy.  I found that the butter from the crust was leaking out and causing the smoke.  And y'all, seriously, the house f-i-l-l-e-d.  It was like a heavy fog and ew, it was awful.
But just so you know, it turned out to be really yummy and everyone liked it.  Especially mum- and I won't tell you how many candles belonged to her this year *winks*  The raspberry sauce was delicious and super easy to make and took only a few minutes to get together.  The only weird thing is that I don't have a pictures of the cheesecake and sauce together.  But oh well.

raspberry cheesecake

crust ingredients
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 1/c c. graham crackers, crushed

crust directions
 - Mix dry ingredients in a medium bowl and cut in butter.  Stir until all is even.
- Press into a spring-form pan.
- Set aside.

filling ingredients
- 3 packages cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. sugar

filling directions
-Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream cream cheese (heh) and sugar.  Mix in the eggs and vanilla.  Whip until light and frothy.
- Pour into graham cracker crust, baking for 30 minutes or so.
- Refrigerate for 6 hours or more before serving.

topping ingredients
- 12 oz. frozen raspberries*
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- vanilla

topping directions
- In a small saucepan, heat 2/3 of the raspberries and sugar.  Stir until sugar is dissolved and raspberries are thoroughly broken down.
- Take it off the heat and stir in the rest of the raspberries.
- Use plentifully!

*I would imagine you could use strawberries or blueberries if you wanted.  But note, I've not tested that.

xo.

5 comments:

  1. Oooh, this looks so yummy! I'll have to get myself some cream cheese so that I can make it.

    Hugs,
    Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. adf;jlkafsdlj;kfsdaljk;fsdlkjfdl; jkasfwjjrakfldsl;ksfdml;dflfd;lfd'fdfjdflkjkjldkjf;lfd;jlkfkjfk
    hang on a sec. while I pick my jaw off the ground.

    ...
    ...
    .............

    *ahem*
    first off, if you could hear my voice right now, it would be stammering. because those stills are leaving me completely and utterly speechless. those should be in the kinfolk magazine RIGHT THIS SECOND. seriously.

    secondly, i totally thought that the cheescake still you pinned earlier was from some "hipster" website.

    thirdly, not only do these photos look incredible but
    holy.
    soon-to-be-named
    buttercup
    cow.
    this recipe sounds heavenly and delectably scrumptious. mama makes her world {more like church} famous cheescake with that exact same crust and I couldn't have it any other way. it seems like both our mums share the same love for cheesecake i can see, but sadly one of the daughters couldn't possibly make such a beautiful piece of art as the other. *wink, wink*

    ok. I'll stop now, but I'm probably going to pin all of these and stare at them all. day. long.

    love you darling and everything you do and am so proud of you and so proud to be your friend,
    goose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, this is the best things I've heard all day and you are particularly adorable. Let's talk soon! Love you and bye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks delicious! hope your mom enjoyed it xx

    Little Blue Backpack

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmm... "Mmmm" because Raaaaaaaaaaaaspberries are just the bestest there ever was, and; because your stills...I mean, they are just *peaceful*. The light isn't exceedingly bright or boring; rather Just Right.
    The best way though, I suppose, to tell how good your food (or cooking) photos are, is the response from the viewer:
    I just about licked the spoon in the first photo. Yesserie, it looks THAT good. 8P

    I'm glad it tasted yummy anyway...I made some muffins this morning that were A Dismal Failure. (Kinda soggy and squashed =P)

    Have a good day!

    xx ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete