Twenty six

December 16, 2012

Ducks and geese and birds fly to the south, Christmas lights are strung up, packages fly between mailboxes, wrapping paper and tape is passed around like so much ammunition for the biggest thing America unitedly prepares for.  There's the countdown, the arrival, and then someone sweeps up the mess and Christmas is gone.  And then every one says, "Geez, I wish it was Christmas again."  To everything there is a season.

Christmas is not even a human being and we miss it like it is.  Funny how something like that can twist you around its pinky.  But I tell you what I'll miss most this year.  It's twenty children and six adults who I don't even know.  Why is it that every time you turn on the media, you have to pray nothing bad will show up.  My gosh... this country has fallen to pieces.  And sometimes my stomach goes into knots just thinking how America is.  It's all so, so stupidly wrong.  It's not supposed to be like this... yet it is.  It has to be like this because Christians will tolerate the bad and won't drive it out.  The apathy and acceptance of every wrong thing is sickening.  Just look around.  It's me, it's you, it's Christians who don't do their duty.

As girls, we like our safe spot.  We have blogs we run to when we have excess emotion to scrape off the top.  We share pictures, fads, life, and stories.  We create a little barrier between us and the world.  I don't even know if that's a good or a bad thing anymore.  All I know is that I stare a black and white picture of a twenty year old man and feel sickened that someone could have such anger and emotion to kill little children. I feel sick that if Christians had just done their duty, none of this would have happened.  This is indeed a massacre in every sense of the word.  But what can you do except cry and pray?

Twenty six.  It doesn't seem like a very big word until you think about someone shooting one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, twenty, twenty-one, twenty-two, twenty-three, twenty-four, twenty-five, twenty-six people, does it?  Is that what it takes?  Is that what it takes to snap Americans into action?  Twenty children and six adults sacrificed to nothing more than sin.  Sin is a pretty big word too.  It's rather nasty and leaves a bad taste on your tongue.  But it is sin.  If only people weren't so stuck on trying not to say it.
--

6 comments:

  1. Pain is pain.... and everything (including the bad) happens for a reason. (Romans 8:28) We mustn't forget that...we live in an "imperfect" world.

    I think things like this happen, because the church today, has lost the fear of God.

    As Christians, I think it is our responsibility to take a stand for righteousness sake, and to let people know that hope is not lost, but can be found in Christ alone. (John 4:16)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, gosh...this is so convicting. I was crying when I heard the news.
    as nela said, we do live in an "imperfect" world, and it won't be until Christ's return that all will be put to right. in the mean time, we can hope that He comes quickly. :)

    xx's,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some things that I have been thinking about in the last day or so...I am so pained and burdened for this lost, empty world. They need Jesus oh so much!!! May The Lord grant us boldness to tell others of the truth that so many of us are so timid to share. There still is hope, but it has to be found in Christ, and Christ alone!! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, and making us think about this. In Christ, Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  4. my heart is breaking for those families, and friends... it is hard to understand why God would allow something that like that happen. i will never understand why, and i'm sure their loved ones will not either.

    but God is there through everything... what a comfort that is! He has a perfect plan for us, for their grieving loved ones, and this has really imprinted 2 things on my heart.

    1. people are the most important thing in the world. we take our loved ones for granted, but life is uncertain. we never know when we might turn around, and find them gone.

    2. as Christians, it is our responsibility to stand for what is right, and let our life be a light to lead others to Christ--for in Him is the only place anyone will find true peace, and joy.

    'tis a sobering time--my heart is breaking for them... here is a ::hug:: for you, dear. i only wish i could wrap every single one of those grieving right now in my arms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes. this is so true. we can't understand - i can't even comprehend this disaster.
    it's extremely unfortunate. but i know that through this God's hands are at work.

    i also just wanted to say how much i love the simplicity of your blog and posts. your pictures make my heart ache - in a wonderful, nostalgic way. and your words always seem to ring true to my soul.

    you are beautiful dear, inside and out.

    xxx acacia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I wouldn't have had the guts to write that, but it is entirely true and I was thinking along those lines recently...The apathy in me, IS...really sickening sometimes. =/ Like I'm just get scared of nothing! I also get really annoyed at myself. =)
    Mmm...26 didn't seem to big until I looked at it the way you did...I'm glad you wrote this, it was good.
    Well done. =)

    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete