Reacquainting

December 9, 2012


Officially, I don't think I've ever really introduced myself.  Maybe in bits and pieces, but not officially.  The longer I've been around this little space, the more and more I have seen how simple it is to lose who you are- who you were raised as, who your family is, what person you've grown up into.  Sometimes that's a good thing... and sometimes it's a bad thing.  And while this moment is present, I want to kind of get reacquainted, more established with you people in the blogging world.

My name is Gabriella Lynne but when I was born, my Mama called me Gabby... and it has stayed Gabby.  I guess I always felt like I had to live up to my name- Gabby- and have tried a whole lot through writing.  There's not a whole lot to me- it's this wonderful life that I live in that is so important, as well as these people I am privileged to have in it.  But as a general rule, I am a writer, a photographer, a thinker, and a domestically inclined fifteen year old who is rather on the verge of freaking out when I think about turning sixteen in a couple months.  I knit some, bake some, and say "y'all" a whole bunch, and love country music.  My family has lived in Louisiana for generations and I can't help but love this land, love who these people are.  My great great grandfather came from Hungary and settled down in south Louisiana.  A photographer by the name of Fonville Winans photographed my grandfather and you can see him on the cover of Acadiana's book, We Are Cajuns. 

My Daddy is a professor and so therefore we have a million and one books that takes up more wall space than you can imagine!  But it's nice because we don't have to decorate so much.  I live out in a place with scarcely any internet service, where you can see empty fields every morning, and you can hear nothing at night... except the coyotes.  My secret dream is to one day have a big garden and a cow.  I want to live simply and off the land and generally be a writer of sorts.  So... this is me!

I am Gabriella Lynne and it's charming to meet you.
--
p.s. I've been aching for a new design- one a bit more roomy and black and white.  Thoughts?

6 comments:

  1. lovely to truly "meet" you, Gabby! :) i love what you wrote about yourself--and it was so lovely to find out a little more about the talented authoress of this blog. :)

    lovely pictures, lovely words, lovely new design, and lovely girl. :)
    ::hug!::

    ReplyDelete
  2. and i used the word "lovely" 6 times... wow. sorry 'bout that. ;) it was just so... lovely! ;) haha.

    truly beautiful. :) yup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey... there's no objection in my mind to being called lovely! I'll take one or a dozen! Thank you soo much.
      --

      Delete
  3. It's a pleasure to meet you, Gabby. :) By your writing, I think we have a lot in common with each other.

    That is so neat that your grandfather was featured in a book! Very cool. ;)

    Take care, and hope you have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so nice to "meet" you officially, dear! Books really are the best as is that reflection photograph.

    Hugs,
    Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, I LOVE these types of posts! So hello Gabriella Lynne, it's simply charming to meet you.

    Oh, and the design? I'm really liking it.

    xo, Acacia

    ReplyDelete