Playing In the Shadows

June 28, 2012

(my mama sipping coffee on a rainy day)

She usually tends to melt into everything, this lady does... and she plays in the shadows.  She's quite beautiful, actually.  And her name is pretty.  And her work is flawless.  Though, nobody notices her much- only to scold her when she is too passionate with her work.  I do it too, although, I don't think she minds.  She still goes about her work, not caring what we say-- only doing what she was created for.  And I guess I love her for it; and how she creeps along the walls, content to be the wallflower; and how she stays silent mostly, although I fancy I can hear her sing occasionally.  But that's only at dawn when the birds need to be awakened.  I love how she usually tends to melt into everything, this lady does... and how she plays in the shadows.

I think most people call her "sun," by the way.
-Gabby

2 comments:

  1. aw, how darling! love the floral silhouettes by the way. ;)

    love ya, deary!
    your goose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. by the way, your post came up in my reading list. *wink*

      Delete